Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Indra Pramana <in...@sg.or.id> on 2013/07/20 09:11:50 UTC

Resize OS template

Dear all,

Is it possible to resize an operating system template? I created some OS
templates with 100 GB size and want to reduce it to say 20 GB. Possible?

Can anyone also advise normally how much is the disk size of your templates
(the root disk size, in GB) for both Unix (Ubuntu, CentOS) and Windows
templates? I noted that the default CentOS 5.5 template is only 8 GB in
size. What is the best practice?

Looking forward to your reply, thank you.

Cheers.

RE: Resize OS template

Posted by David Ortiz <dp...@outlook.com>.
Indra,
     In the limited templating I've done, I've found my Linux templates to work well at about 10 gigs (though from what I've seen you could get away with 5).  Windows templates I have not had much luck with as the server 2008 templates I've done seem to get confused when I spin up a new VM off of them and the hdd volume it sees has changed.  Most of my instances are Linux though, so I have not put a lot of time into trying to figure out how to make the Windows templates work better since they were used to bring up domain controllers, and haven't really been used since.
Thanks,     Dave

Re: Resize OS template

Posted by Kirk Kosinski <ki...@gmail.com>.