Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "lrf.2@juno.com" <lr...@juno.com> on 2009/08/31 15:40:41 UTC

[users@httpd] httpd 2.0.63 + cgi script + 'Error: Bad file number'

     I am attempting to upgrade my apache installation from the 1.3.x branch to the 2.0.x or, perhaps 2.2.x branch, for security reasons on AIX running 5.2.0.8.  I built httpd 2.0.63 from source and configured it to be the same as the 1.3.x version was configured.  But when we attempted to use a cgi script that has run flawlessly under httpd 1.3.x, it failed with 'Operating system error:  Bad file number'.  Other cgi scripts continue to operate.

     I have searched the archives without finding a solution.  Has anyone seen this and resolved it?  I can provide additional information if needed.

     Thank you!

Lee

RE: [users@httpd] httpd 2.0.63 + cgi script + 'Error: Bad file number'

Posted by Boyle Owen <Ow...@six-group.com>.

If you're going to upgrade, why not go all the way to 2.2.13? The 2.0
branch has not been updated since January 2008 and is not developed any
more.

> for
> security reasons on AIX running 5.2.0.8.  I built httpd
> 2.0.63 from source and configured it to be the same as the
> 1.3.x version was configured.  But when we attempted to use a
> cgi script that has run flawlessly under httpd 1.3.x, it
> failed with 'Operating system error:  Bad file number'.
> Other cgi scripts continue to operate.

Where did you get the error? Switch on ScriptLog and check there. Also,
check the code of the CGI program and look for file-handling calls to
see if you can narrow down where the error is coming from.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>      I have searched the archives without finding a solution.
>  Has anyone seen this and resolved it?  I can provide
> additional information if needed.
>
>      Thank you!
>
> Lee

> Wanna lose weight?  Weight Loss Programs that work. Click here.
> http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2131/fc/BLSrjnsEGrHoiRF3pf
> GpbOAWqQGNbIS71eoXIPI86ocOy0f1AqlTDHVAWEA/

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your system. Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message.
The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through their networks.