Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by NPOfbiz <ni...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/20 17:16:16 UTC

Automatic Requirements when QOH drops

I have been trying my hand to get setting up Requirements to be generated
when QOH reaches minimum stock.
My intention is to generate POs when QOH reeaches low levels. I do not want
to use MRPs.
I tried reading through user lists but was not able to get what suited above
requirement.

I have simple prodcut setup.
Fan - Finished product
Motor - Raw material
FanBlades - Raw material
I want to produce a Fan from Motor and Fanblades. Please assume that we
manufacture FAN so there is no need to create PO for Fan.

For Motor and Fanblades, below are setup
In product screen, Requirement Method Enum Id  - (PRODRQM_STOCK) When QOH
Reaches Minimum Stock for Product-Facility
In product screen, Require Inventory - Y
In product->setup Supplier tab, main supplier, Last Price and Supplier prod
id
In product->setup facilities tab, I have minimum stock and reorder qty setup

For FAN, below is setup
In product screen, Requirement Method Enum Id  Blank
In product screen, Require Inventory - N
In product->No setup on Supplier tab
In product->setup facilities tab, I have minimum stock and reorder qty setup

Inventory levels are such that if I approve 1 sales order or 1 Fan,
inventory levels of Motor and fanblades will drop below QOH.
I create and approve 1 sales order. However i do not see requirements
created for Motor and fanblades.

Can you please suggest what i am missing here?
Or is there anything wrong in configuration.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Automatic Requirements when QOH drops

Posted by Nil <ni...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the reply.
I use demo data setup. And ofbiz as user with all admin privileges.
I think I should rephrase my question to make it more clear.
Is it possible to create automatic requirements only for raw materials and
not for finished goods?
In above example, there is no neeed to create requirement for Fan since the
company manufactures Fan.
But if the raw materials QOH drops below minimum, we would want POs to be
created for raw materials.
I know this can be done in MRP.
I am not sure if this can happen when we process Sales order which results
in inventory going low.
I have read that this should happen, but perhaps not able to figure the
configuration right.

Whats puzzling me is I am setting Requirement Method Enum Id to Blank for
Fan (finished good) and
PRODRQM_STOCK for raw materials. Will this work fine?
What am I missing in the settings?

Re: Automatic Requirements when QOH drops

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
the data model book Vol I page 132-158 pretty much covers the data
model, requirements,Requests,Agreements.
this included roles.
did you use just seed data or the demo data?

the current implementation OTTB uses the manufacturing component.
so you will have to dig through the demo data and the manufacturing code
to figure out how to go around it.
applications\manufacturing\src\org\ofbiz\manufacturing\mrp\ProposedOrder.java
will give yu an Idea of the current implementation and considerations.

NPOfbiz sent the following on 7/20/2010 8:16 AM:

Re: ATP/QOH value is not showing up

Posted by Malini Sharma <ma...@viithiisys.com>.
Hi,
  Let me confirm, if you have followed these steps:
>From product screen you moved to receive inventory, after clicking on
"Receive Inventory" button. Here, you need to enter "Quantity Accepted "
value. say 10. Then click on receive and you have 10 items added in your
inventory corresponding to the product id you followed the process for.

Regards.