Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de> on 2011/09/07 22:12:21 UTC

[all] Deploying a component site

This may be a dump question, but I have trouble with deploying the site
for configuration.

According to [1] a mvn site:deploy should be sufficient to do the job.
However, maven complains that there are no site information in the
distribution management element.

Well, this is true for the pom of configuration and also for other
components. I thought that this information would already be provided by
the parent pom, no? What am I missing?

TIA
Oliver

[1] http://commons.apache.org/releases/publish-site.html

Re: [all] Deploying a component site

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
vfs has a distribution management definition if you want to look at it.  I'm not sure how it would know where to publish to without it.

Ralph

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.
Am 08.09.2011 17:40, schrieb Simone Tripodi:
> Hi!
>

>> Perhaps we should add an example section to Commons Parent, but
>> commented out, and a note to say it should be included in component
>> POMs?
>>

> +1 I think it would be helpful!

Agreed. This is a good idea.

Oliver

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Hi!

> Perhaps we should add an example section to Commons Parent, but
> commented out, and a note to say it should be included in component
> POMs?

+1 I think it would be helpful!

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 8 September 2011 10:54, Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org> wrote:
> HA! gotcha!
> the <distributionManagement> section is missing in the Configuration
> pom, what you need is adding
>
>  <distributionManagement>
>    <!-- Cannot define in parent ATM, see COMMONSSITE-26 -->
>    <site>
>      <id>people.apache.org</id>

The "standard" name is apache.website, according to COMMONSSITE-26,
but it does not matter too much.

>      <name>Apache Commons Site</name>
>      <url>${commons.deployment.protocol}://people.apache.org/www/commons.apache.org/configuration</url>
>    </site>
>  </distributionManagement>

Perhaps we should add an example section to Commons Parent, but
commented out, and a note to say it should be included in component
POMs?

> and run
>
>    mvn site-deploy -Dcommons.deployment.protocol=scp
>
> I preferred creating an 'apache' profile in my ~/.m2/settings.xml
> where I defined all the properties related to ASF projects:
>
>    <profiles>
>        <profile>
>            <id>apache</id>
>            <activation>
>                <activeByDefault>false</activeByDefault>
>            </activation>
>            <properties>
>                <commons.deployment.protocol>scp</commons.deployment.protocol>
>                <mavenExecutorId>forked-path</mavenExecutorId>
>                <gpg.keyname>19FEA27D</gpg.keyname>
>            </properties>
>        </profile>
>    </profile>