Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Berghoff, Benjamin" <Be...@isst.fraunhofer.de> on 2014/12/15 16:31:47 UTC

Problems with the Palette component

Hi,

I'm using tapestry-jpa 5.3.8. I use Eclipse JavaEE Kepler, the jre is oracle 1.7.0_51.
The used pom.xml is attached. The project is built upon the project created by "mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeCatalog=http://tapestry.apache.org".
When I tried to implement the example on, http://tapestry.apache.org/5.3/apidocs/org/apache/tapestry5/corelib/components/Palette.html, I got stuck as the example doesn't works as expected.
At first it seemed to work, the component has been displayed correctly, but when I select one of the available items the corresponding button is still disabled. See PaletteError.jpg for a snapshot.
This behavior is the same for Opera 12. 17, Firefox 34.0.5 and Chrome 39.0.2171.95 m.

Does anybody has a clue what's wrong?
If my description lacks any required information I will be glad to provide it, to get my problem solved.

Thanks and Regards
Benjamin B.

My Java File Dummy.java:
package ****.pages;

import java.util.List;

import org.apache.tapestry5.SelectModel;
import org.apache.tapestry5.ValueEncoder;
import org.apache.tapestry5.annotations.Persist;
import org.apache.tapestry5.annotations.Property;
import org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.Messages;
import org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.annotations.Inject;
import org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.services.TypeCoercer;
import org.apache.tapestry5.util.EnumSelectModel;
import org.apache.tapestry5.util.EnumValueEncoder;

import ****.DMS;

public class Dummy {

    @Property
    @Persist
    private List<DMS> handling;

    @Inject
    private Messages messages;

   @Inject
    private TypeCoercer typeCoercer;

    @Property
    private final ValueEncoder<DMS> encoder = new EnumValueEncoder(typeCoercer, DMS.class);

    @Property
    private final SelectModel model = new EnumSelectModel(DMS.class, messages);
}

My tml (1:1 copy) :
        <h1>Special Handling</h1>

        <t:form>

            <t:palette t:id="handling" encoder="encoder" model="model"/>

            <input type="submit" value="Continue"/>

        </t:form>

AW: Problems with the Palette component

Posted by "Berghoff, Benjamin" <Be...@isst.fraunhofer.de>.
First of all, thank you for your help.
The problem has been the Tapestry5-jQuery dependency.
If I would have read the tapestry5-jQuery site, http://tapestry5-jquery.com/ under Usage, it say:s
" How to use it

 Just add tapestry5-jquery to your classpath (see Maven dependency snippet below)!

 Then use components like you would normally do. For Autocomplete and Palette use "jquery" namespace:
"

Regards
Benjamin B.

The "Dms" class is a Simple Enumeration class.

Regards
Benjamin B.

Re: Problems with the Palette component

Posted by Bob Harner <bo...@gmail.com>.
To be clear, I first tried Tapestry 5.3.7, then 5.3.8, and both worked fine.

Posted by Bob Harner <bo...@gmail.com>.
Benjamin,

Posted by Chris Poulsen <ma...@nesluop.dk>.

Posted by "Berghoff, Benjamin" <Be...@isst.fraunhofer.de>.