Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by William Holman <Wi...@co.sherburne.mn.us> on 2004/12/21 21:10:53 UTC

Unsuscribe?

I've been over-ruled by those who pay the bills, so I can't use
SpamAssassin since it's "open source"

How do I unsubscribe from the lists?

Thank-you!

Re: Unsuscribe?

Posted by Daniel Quinlan <qu...@pathname.com>.
"William Holman" <Wi...@co.sherburne.mn.us> writes:

> How do I unsubscribe from the lists?

Use the address in the list-unsubscribe header, perhaps?

--
Daniel Quinlan
http://www.pathname.com/~quinlan/

Re: Unsuscribe?

Posted by Kenneth Porter <sh...@sewingwitch.com>.
--On Wednesday, December 22, 2004 11:28 AM +1300 Sidney Markowitz
<si...@sidney.com> wrote:

> If you look at the SpamAssassin wiki you can find a list of products that
> are based on SpamAssassin that your billpayers can feel happy paying for
> while not getting access to all the source code. That way they can
> continue to be blissfully ignorant suckers and you can still use
> SpamAssassin. (I don't mean to reflect on the commercial products, only
> on the apparent attitude of your bill payers).

In some cases the source is open, so you can still tinker. Open is not
incompatible with commercial. As jokingly mentioned on the Users list,
someone could burn a CD of SA, slap on a pretty label, and add a price tag
to make the suits happy.

Re: Unsuscribe?

Posted by Sidney Markowitz <si...@sidney.com>.
William Holman wrote:
> I've been over-ruled by those who pay the bills, so I can't use
> SpamAssassin since it's "open source"

What bills? -- It's open source! :-)

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/CommercialProducts

> How do I unsubscribe from the lists?

If you view the headers of any email on these mailing lists you will see
a header like this one on this list:

Send an email to that address from the address that you want to
unsubscribe and it will be done. Subject and body text are ignored.

  -- sidney
     http://www.sidney.com/