Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Jonathan Kwadzo <Jo...@rona.ca> on 2003/05/01 18:31:12 UTC

Accuracy of test results

Hi,

I'm performing several tests on our applications, sometimes with the very same configuration values (threads number, loop count, ramp-up period etc...). Tests are performed against the same server from the same machine. But from time to time, I can experience very significant differences between results. For exemple, I'm get an average response time around 1mn a set of 3 similar tests. Then suddenly, the average response will raise to 8 mn for all other consecutive runs of the same test.
I'm completely confused in the interpretation of those results. What can possibly be happening?...

Jonathan Kwadzo
Rona Inc. - Dév. Technique / Technical Dev.
220, Chemin du Tremblay
Boucherville (Québec) J4B 8H7
Tel : 514 599 5900 ext. 5360

Re: Accuracy of test results

Posted by ms...@apache.org.
Yeah, that happens to me too whenever I start playing Unreal while the test
runs.....

Seriously, there's far too many possibilities to diagnose from this little
information.  You'll have to dig a little more.

-Mike

--
Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org