Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Daniel Dekany <dd...@freemail.hu> on 2002/03/20 18:16:05 UTC

Str. lit. interpolation and ReferenceInsertionEventHandler

I use ReferenceInsertionEventHandler to automate the XML-encoding of
inserted values when they are writen to the output stream. The problem is
that I can't find out if the ReferenceInsertionEventHandler was called
beacuse of a reference insertion in a string literal interpolation (eg:
#if($foo == "xyz$bar")) or because of "final" reference insertion (eg.:
Schomoo $foo schomoo). The XML-encoding should hapen in the later case only
of course. Any ideas?

Re: Str. lit. interpolation and ReferenceInsertionEventHandler

Posted by Daniel Dekany <dd...@freemail.hu>.
On Wednesday, March 20, 2002 6:21 PM "Geir Magnusson Jr."
<ge...@optonline.net> wrote:

> On 3/20/02 12:16 PM, "Daniel Dekany" <dd...@freemail.hu> wrote:

[snip]
> Ew.  Yes, I have an idea :)
>
> The upshot is that we don't want the ReferenceInsertionEvent fired ever
for
> a string interp, right?

Yes.

Re: Str. lit. interpolation and ReferenceInsertionEventHandler

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.                                      geirm@optonline.net
System and Software Consulting