Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Edwards, Peter" <Pe...@astrazeneca.com> on 2003/02/10 14:12:05 UTC

[CLI] Documentation issues

I recently started using CLI and had some problems that could be resolved in
documentation.

Choice of parser
- I was not sure what BasicParsers, GnuParsers and PosixParsers were -
either examples or a link to descriptions would be really helpful

Ant example
1. I believe this should use the GnuParser not Posix
2. There are two options called "file" - one should be find, the other
logfile - this explains why the example usage does not match the description
of ant
3. The property option requires hasArgs() not hasArg()
4. Getting a value should be line.getOptionValue not getValue

Hope this proves useful.

Pete Edwards

Re: [CLI] Documentation issues

Posted by John Keyes <jb...@mac.com>.
Hi Pete,

Thanks for the heads up on the doco problems.

With regards to the different parsers, as I mentioned previously
I am doing a bit of redesign at the moment.  I am investigating
using only one parser to simplify things from a users perspective.

-John K

John Keyes <jb...@mac.com>