Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Hutson Carspecken <hu...@sbcglobal.net> on 2003/06/11 21:05:26 UTC

Trouble with Sending Remote mail messages

Hello Again,

I am still having trouble with sending remote mail addresses.  I can send to one remote address (yahoo.com domain) but I can't send to where else.

Is there a definitive method or means of configuring a server to send remote messages?

I have tried the <servernames>  tag and the RemoteDelivery mailet <gateway> tag.  Setting these to my ISP IP address.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Hut

Re: Trouble with Sending Remote mail messages

Posted by Kenny Smith <ja...@jakarta.apache.org>.
Hi all,

Maybe an example will help:

The DNS servers for my site are

cachens1.serverbeach.com 66.139.72.6
cachens2.serverbeach.com 66.139.72.22

As Serge said, you can use ipconfig /all to find out what name servers
your windows machine is using.

My DNS server block looks like this:

<dnsserver>
     <servers>
         <server>66.139.72.6</server>
         <server>66.139.72.22</server>
     </servers>
     <authoritative>false</authoritative>
</dnsserver>

I host mail for several domains on my site, including journalscape.com
and slangman.com, my servernames block looks like this:

<servernames autodetect="false" autodetectIP="true">
	<servername>localhost</servername>
	<servername>journalscape.com</servername>
	<servername>slangman.com</servername>
	<!-- ... others removed for brevity -->
</servernames>

I don't know, but perhaps this will help as a clear example.

Kenny Smith
JournalScape.com

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.

--