Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Harry Putnam <re...@newsguy.com> on 2011/05/05 01:26:10 UTC

Can bayes learning be turned on and off in one procmailrc

I've been thinking about using bayes in learning mode, but I want to
do it without disturbing my current mail setup.

I thought I might (using procmail) channel a copy of all incoming mail
through spamassassin with bayes learning turned on.

I'd want bayes learning off in the main mail setup.  So I wondered if
one could turn bayes learning on by way of a call to spamassassin in
.promailrc but have bayes learning turned off in a different call to
spamassassin?

I'm thinking something along this line (but turning bayes learning
off/on as needed):

.procmailrc:

:0 c
{
  :0fw ## How to turn bayes learning on here?
  | /usr/bin/spamc

  :0:

  :0 ## Here I can check results with out involving main setup
  post_tspama_spam.in

}

  [...] Then after my other recipes the 2nd call

  :0fw ## How to turn bayes learning off here?
  | /usr/bin/spamc

  :0:

[end .procmailrc]

Is there someway at those calls to turn bayes learning off or on?