Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Thierry Delaitre <de...@cpc.wmin.ac.uk> on 2001/11/08 18:34:42 UTC

j_security_check & mod_webapp

Hi,

I've successfuly recompiled mod_webapp on Solaris 7 and installed the
module with Apache 1.3. Everything works fine except that when I tried to
use form based authentication with j_security_check I cannot login when
connecting through mod_webapp. It is ok when connecting directly to tomcat
using tomcat's web server.

Do I need to add something extra to the apache config file to get
j_security_check work when using mod_webapp ?

Thanks,

Thierry.

WebAppConnection        mathilde        warp            grizzly:8008
WebAppDeploy            examples        mathilde        /examples

Re: j_security_check & mod_webapp

Posted by Thierry Delaitre <de...@cpc.wmin.ac.uk>.
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've successfuly recompiled mod_webapp on Solaris 7 and installed the
> > module with Apache 1.3. Everything works fine except that when I tried to
> > use form based authentication with j_security_check I cannot login when
> > connecting through mod_webapp. It is ok when connecting directly to tomcat
> > using tomcat's web server.
> >
> > Do I need to add something extra to the apache config file to get
> > j_security_check work when using mod_webapp ?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Thierry.
> >
> > WebAppConnection        mathilde        warp            grizzly:8008
> > WebAppDeploy            examples        mathilde        /examples
>
> Weird... There are some tests in Watchdog/Tomcat-tester to check for that
> exactly, and those pass w/ no problems with webapp... Must be a some sort of
> configuration issue (did you copy your realm definition also in <Service
> name="tomcat-Apache"> ???)

Thanks. I copied the realm definition and it now works fine !

Thierry.

Re: j_security_check & mod_webapp

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Thierry Delaitre at delaitt@cpc.wmin.ac.uk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've successfuly recompiled mod_webapp on Solaris 7 and installed the
> module with Apache 1.3. Everything works fine except that when I tried to
> use form based authentication with j_security_check I cannot login when
> connecting through mod_webapp. It is ok when connecting directly to tomcat
> using tomcat's web server.
>
> Do I need to add something extra to the apache config file to get
> j_security_check work when using mod_webapp ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Thierry.
>
> WebAppConnection        mathilde        warp            grizzly:8008
> WebAppDeploy            examples        mathilde        /examples

Weird... There are some tests in Watchdog/Tomcat-tester to check for that
exactly, and those pass w/ no problems with webapp... Must be a some sort of
configuration issue (did you copy your realm definition also in <Service
name="tomcat-Apache"> ???)

    Pier