Posted to announcements@xml.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de> on 2004/11/19 13:25:00 UTC

[ANN] Apache Cocoon 2.1.6 Released

Apache Cocoon 2.1.6 Released
----------------------------

  The Apache Cocoon Community is proud to announce the new release
  of Apache Cocoon. This release is licensed under the Apache License,
  Version 2.0.

  Apache Cocoon is a web development framework built around the concept
  of separation of concerns (that is: allowing people to do their job
  without having to step on each other toes) and component-oriented web
  RAD.

  Cocoon implements these concepts around the notion of 'component
  pipelines' modelled after the 'process chain' concept where each
  worker specializes on a particular operation. This makes it possible
  to use a Lego(tm)-like approach in building web solutions where
  these components can be hooked together into pipelines without
  requiring further programming.

  We like to think at Cocoon as "web glue" for your web application
  development needs. But most important, a glue that can keep
  concerns separate and allow parallel evolution of the two sides,
  improving development pace and reducing the chance of conflicts.

  The latest version is downloadable from
  http://cocoon.apache.org/mirror.cgi
  (Please use the mirrors to download the release - it might take
  a little bit more time until the latest release is available on
  all mirrors, so give the mirrors some time - approx. 24h to update.)

  For more information about Apache Cocoon 2.1.6, please go to
  http://cocoon.apache.org.

The Apache Cocoon Project

Carsten

Carsten Ziegeler
Open Source Group, S&N AG
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.net/weblogs/rael/

Re: [ANN] Apache Cocoon 2.1.6 Released

Posted by Guido Schreuder <g....@xs4all.nl>.
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>Bertrand Delacretaz dijo:
>

>>Le 19 nov. 04, à 13:25, Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :
>>

>>>Apache Cocoon 2.1.6 Released
>>>

>>Congratulations to all and big thanks to you, Carsten!
>>

>+1 too! :-D
>
>Best Regards,
>
>Antonio Gallardo

Nice work everybody, thanks all and congrats with your newly born :)

Guido Schreuder

Re: [ANN] Apache Cocoon 2.1.6 Released

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Bertrand Delacretaz dijo:

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le 19 nov. 04, à 13:25, Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :

> Apache Cocoon 2.1.6 Released

Congratulations to all and big thanks to you, Carsten!
-Bertrand