Posted to mirae-dev@ws.apache.org by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk> on 2006/03/04 12:22:01 UTC

Re: Axis 2 Micro Edition for Mobile Devices[Proposal]

On Fri, 2006-02-17 at 15:46 +0900, Changshin Lee wrote:
> Hi Manoj,
>
> 2006. 02. 14, 오후 5:48, Manoj Mallawaarachchie 작성:
>
> > Hi Ias,
> >
> > Thank you for your comment and guide lines. I subscribed to mirae
> > mailling list.  Actually I'm not going to implement JSR 172, I
> > suppose to use what ever implementation like Mirae or Kosap etc.
> > But basic idea for create lightweight version of Axis2.
> >
> > What you think of my  senarios and basic architecture ?
>
> 1. Could you explain a little bit more about MSISDN?
>
> 2. Scenario 1 seems that web services are on top of SMS (or MMS)
> transport protocol, of which binding is not defined in WSDL. Do you
> intend to communicate with SOAP/SMS and without WSDL on your proposal?
>
> 3. Your scenarios and component stack look pretty close to JSR 279 at
> http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=279. In addition to that,
> manipulating XML messages requires some XML infoset model in Java ME,
> so JSR 280 is supposed to provide DOM. Those two JSRs are going to
> release its early draft in March, I recommend your reviewing them and
> designing on them.

Just like the design of Axis2 is independent of any JSRs, what I'd like
to see is a J2ME version of Axis2 .. basically port Axis2 down to run on
J2ME under one or more profiles. No need for a separate codebase IMO.

> 4. Mirae C++ is very very interesting, and actually some asked me why
> there's no such :-) Personally, I'd like you to start Mirae C++ first
> and think that it would be attractive and unique since there are
> already several Java ME web services implementations  such as Sun's
> WTK and Nokia's SDK.

Axis2/C is designed to be pluggable to a small device as well and we do
intend to build that!

Sanjiva.

Re: Axis 2 Micro Edition for Mobile Devices[Proposal]

Posted by Manoj Mallawaarachchie <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Sorry for my delay. Yes Sanjiva is correct we can use cutdown version of
Axis2 for mobiledevices and try to support most of the ws* stack for mobile
devices which not cover in current up comming JSR's if they like to
integrate or make new JSR which consider ws* stack for mobile devices we
will support this as well.

Actual idea is we try to make micro app server reside in mobile device and
out side world can communicate it with standard protocol and It's device
independent. So for example one day mobile phone can communicate with
TV(both have Ws* stack micro server) with operate with SMS or any protocol,
So you will able to select some TV channels from (Automated serch from UDDI)
to your kid at home while your at office.
etc.etc.

This just a idea, hope we can do some work for this infrastructure.

BR,
Manoj

On 3/12/06, Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk> wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 22:41 -0500, Changshin Lee wrote:
>

> >  That could be possible, but my personal recommendation is to support
> > standards, in particular, JSR 279 is going to provide pretty solid
> > foundation of web services on Java ME. (Now I'm attending the JSR 279
> > +280 F2F meetings :-) Their early drafts are going to be out soon, and
> > many Java ME developers are looking forward to JSR 280 features such
> > as DOM and StAX on Java ME, so implementing those JSRs seem promising
> > and helpful. What I'm planning for now is "Mirae Service Connection"
> > for JSR 279 and "Mirae DOM" for JSR 280 while we already have Mirae
> > SAX and StAX.
>
> I'm not opposing this at all. What I'd like to see over time is a
> version of Axis2 that is sufficiently paired down to run on J2ME
> devices. While its nice that these new JSRs are coming along, do they
> support WS-Addressing? No. WS-Policy? No. WS-RM? No. WS-Sec? No. Etc.
> etc. .. the JSR process and the WS-* process is not in sync .. and
> that's why in Axis2 we decided to do our own base and then layer on JSR
> support as needed (and desired).
>
> Anyway, I guess I'm not suggesting that Mirae go out and do that .. not
> in the immediate future anyway!
>
> Sanjiva.

use the FORCE read the SOURCE
www.linux.lk

Re: Axis 2 Micro Edition for Mobile Devices[Proposal]

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.

Posted by Changshin Lee <ia...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sanjiva,

First of all, I'd appreciate your interest in Mirae :-)

On 3/4/06, Sanjiva Weerawarana < sanjiva@opensource.lk> wrote:
>  On Fri, 2006-02-17 at 15:46 +0900, Changshin Lee wrote:
> > Hi Manoj,
> >
> > 2006. 02. 14, 오후 5:48, Manoj Mallawaarachchie 작성:
> >
> > > Hi Ias,
> > >
> > > Thank you for your comment and guide lines. I subscribed to mirae
> > > mailling list.  Actually I'm not going to implement JSR 172, I
> > > suppose to use what ever implementation like Mirae or Kosap etc.
> > > But basic idea for create lightweight version of Axis2.
> > >
> > > What you think of my  senarios and basic architecture ?
> >
> > 1. Could you explain a little bit more about MSISDN?
> >
> > 2. Scenario 1 seems that web services are on top of SMS (or MMS)
> > transport protocol, of which binding is not defined in WSDL. Do you
> > intend to communicate with SOAP/SMS and without WSDL on your proposal?
> >
> > 3. Your scenarios and component stack look pretty close to JSR 279 at
> > http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=279. In addition to that,
> > manipulating XML messages requires some XML infoset model in Java ME,
> > so JSR 280 is supposed to provide DOM. Those two JSRs are going to
> > release its early draft in March, I recommend your reviewing them and
> > designing on them.
>
> Just like the design of Axis2 is independent of any JSRs, what I'd like
> to see is a J2ME version of Axis2 .. basically port Axis2 down to run on
> J2ME under one or more profiles. No need for a separate codebase IMO.

 That could be possible, but my personal recommendation is to support
standards, in particular, JSR 279 is going to provide pretty solid
foundation of web services on Java ME. (Now I'm attending the JSR
279+280 F2F meetings :-) Their early drafts are going to be out soon,
and many Java ME developers are looking forward to JSR 280 features
such as DOM and StAX on Java ME, so implementing those JSRs seem
promising and helpful. What I'm planning for now is "Mirae Service
Connection" for JSR 279 and "Mirae DOM" for JSR 280 while we already
have Mirae SAX and StAX.

> > 4. Mirae C++ is very very interesting, and actually some asked me why
>  > there's no such :-) Personally, I'd like you to start Mirae C++ first
> > and think that it would be attractive and unique since there are
> > already several Java ME web services implementations  such as Sun's
> > WTK and Nokia's SDK.
>
> Axis2/C is designed to be pluggable to a small device as well and we do
> intend to build that!

Yes!, that's exactly what I'd like to see in Mirae C++.

Thanks,

Ias

Posted by Changshin Lee <ia...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sanjiva,