Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Martijn <us...@mindcontrolled.nl> on 2005/08/24 23:47:10 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Trouble with regexp on , using Apache 1.3.33

Hello Spike, thanks for your post.

That probably is a good approach, I could even symlink the second .htaccess
to make sure both files are consistent.

Trouble is (and I forgot mention this in my first post, sorry about that),
that I plan to use the same method (a regexp) for a few <Location>
directives, where the locations are virtual (eg. server-status and
throttle-status) and .htaccess can't be used.

Besides that, I'm also interested in why the regexp isn't working, just to
know what went wrong.

Bottom line of my problem is I'm trying to make sure that every <Directory>
(or virtual <Location>) is using the exact same list of restrictions.
I've tried solving this by doing something like

<Directory /foo>
include restrict.conf
</Directory>

where restrict.conf contains
---
order allow,deny
allow from foo
allow from bar
---
But Apache didn't like that.

Any other ideas to solve this are welcome as well.

Thanks,
Martijn.