Posted to dev@sis.apache.org by Nadeem Anjum <na...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/30 19:45:13 UTC

GSoC: Using leafletjs for simulating agent movements along roads

Hello,

My proposal on Agent Based Modeling based geo-profiling of criminology
projects for GSoC 2013 has been accepted, here's the link for it:
https://google-melange.appspot.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2013/nadeemanjum/14001

Over the last couple of days I was exploring leafletjs which I will use to
build a web interface for simulating agent movements.

The agents will be simulated to move along the roads of the map, so I am
investigating how such road data can be retrieved using leafletjs. Any
pointers in this direction will be helpful.

Thanks,
Nadeem

Re: GSoC: Using leafletjs for simulating agent movements along roads

Posted by Peter K <pe...@yahoo.de>.
Hey all, thanks! I appended the answer I already gave below. Here is the
follow up:

Nadeem,
currently graphhopper does not give you the n best paths. It is not
really clear how to define "n best paths", because imagine that you get
the second best path which does only contain one more minor (but stupid)
detour. See my answere here
http://stackoverflow.com/a/12788924/194609
+ also look into the other answers with Java implementations. At someday
we'll have such stuff in graphhopper too -> feel free to provide a pull
request ;)

In summary to create 'real' alternatives like google or OSRM already do,
you have to do something more clever:
http://research.microsoft.com/pubs/121750/alternativesea2010.pdf
or search for 'alternative' here:
http://algo2.iti.kit.edu/routeplanning.php e.g.
http://algo2.iti.kit.edu/1805.php

Regards,
Peter.

Posted by Greg Reddin <gr...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 4:11 PM, Adam Estrada <es...@gmail.com>wrote:

> +1 on that. Peter's feedback on this list will eventually find its way in
> to Google's index which means that other folks can use the feedback to help
> answer their own questions.

Agreed. Keep talking :-)

Re: GSoC: Using leafletjs for simulating agent movements along roads

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (398J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
+1 great to have it here on the list.

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Senior Computer Scientist