Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Vincent Deffontaines <vi...@gryzor.com> on 2006/06/29 19:04:08 UTC

2.2[.2] documentation translation links are broken

Greetings,

The 2.2.2 documentation files seem to be tidied as in 2.0, ie, play with
Type Maps to negotiate content with clients, all translated versions of
a given file living in the same directory.

However, the hypertext links seem to point the translated files into
non-existent directories. For instance, in "docs/manual/bind.html.en",
the link to the french documentation points to

"./fr/bind.html" (line 23 of the HTML file included in the tar.gz), while
there is no "fr" directory in there. Hence, many
translation links seem to be broken to me. This problem seems to occur in
many places in the documentation.

Vincent

--
On sait qu'une cité va devenir grande quand on y voit les anciens planter
des arbres, alors qu'ils savent qu'ils ne profiteront jamais de leur

Proverbe Grec

Re: 2.2[.2] documentation translation links are broken

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* Joshua Slive wrote:

> The manual is really only usable if you apply a very particular
> configuration to it, as suggested in the sample configs:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x/docs/conf/extra/h
>ttpd-manual.conf.in?view=markup
>
> The SetEnvIf and RedirectMatch combine to make the "fr" links work.

Plus - most important - the AliasMatch, which actually strips the language
path element.

nd

Re: 2.2[.2] documentation translation links are broken

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 6/29/06, Vincent Deffontaines <vi...@gryzor.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> The 2.2.2 documentation files seem to be tidied as in 2.0, ie, play with
> Type Maps to negotiate content with clients, all translated versions of
> a given file living in the same directory.
>
> However, the hypertext links seem to point the translated files into
> non-existent directories. For instance, in "docs/manual/bind.html.en",
> the link to the french documentation points to
>
> "./fr/bind.html" (line 23 of the HTML file included in the tar.gz), while
> there is no "fr" directory in there. Hence, many
> translation links seem to be broken to me. This problem seems to occur in
> many places in the documentation.

The manual is really only usable if you apply a very particular
configuration to it, as suggested in the sample configs:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x/docs/conf/extra/httpd-manual.conf.in?view=markup

The SetEnvIf and RedirectMatch combine to make the "fr" links work.

Joshua.