Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Attharkar, Asmita" <aa...@telcordia.com> on 2008/09/09 20:53:38 UTC

web service URL

Hi there,

When I deploy the web service in the exploded axis2 in tomcat,

The url that I could use with this kind of deployment is

http://ipaddress:port/axis2/services/myservice

but I want to use (and I am sure most developers do)

http://ipaddress:port/mycompany/services/myservice

What do I need to do so I can replace 'axis2' in the above URL with 'mycompany'?

I still want to use the easy deployment of my webservice in axis2 in tomcat.

Thanks so much for you help in this matter.

Thanks,
Asmita

Re: web service URL

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <er...@gmail.com>.
Hey,

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 10:49 AM, Attharkar, Asmita
<aa...@telcordia.com>wrote:

> Ok I got my URL to work .../mycompany/services by renaming the axis2.war
> file to mycompany.war and then deploying the service into exploded mycompany
> folder.
> So got the http://ipaddress:port/mycompany/services/myservice to work.
>
> The Questions now:
>
> 1. There are several JSPs and components in axis2-web.
>   What can be eliminated to still be able to work with web services
> properly?

You can remove all the jsps and your web service should be fine.

> 2. The web service works alright with no issues but the URL when typed into
> browser - instead of giving 'happy' page it throws error saying No End Point
> reference and WSA null. I need to have this URL return no error as this is
> the only way to really check on the fly if the service is running or down.

What is the url you typed in the browser? The error says, the server
couldn't fine the operation.

Check here for more information : http://wso2.org/library/176

--
With Mettha,
Eran Chinthaka

Health is the greatest gift; contentment is the greatest wealth; trusting is
the best relationship; nirvana is the highest joy. - Dhammapada

RE: web service URL

Did you try changing the name of the folder "axis2" to "mycompany" in the webapps dir?

There are other ways to map context roots in tomcat too via configuration in server.xml I think.

Affan

When I deploy the web service in the exploded axis2 in tomcat,

The url that I could use with this kind of deployment is

http://ipaddress:port/axis2/services/myservice

but I want to use (and I am sure most developers do)

http://ipaddress:port/mycompany/services/myservice

What do I need to do so I can replace 'axis2' in the above URL with 'mycompany'?

I still want to use the easy deployment of my webservice in axis2 in tomcat.

Thanks so much for you help in this matter.

Thanks,
Asmita

This e-mail and files transmitted with it are confidential, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not one of the named recipient(s) or otherwise have reason to believe that you received this message in error, please immediately notify sender by e-mail, and destroy the original message. Thank You.

Re: Testing tool for QA

Posted by charitha kankanamge <ch...@wso2.com>.
Hi Affan,
You may start with SoapUI which is a good web services functional
testing tool.  http://wso2.org/library/3862 describes a set of useful
testing tools.

regards
Charitha

http://charithaka.blogspot.com

RE: Testing tool for QA

Posted by "Bhattacharjee, Raja" <Ra...@GlobalCrossing.com>.
I have used http://www.soapclient.com/soaptest.html to have some time
users use a SOAP service. Some of my buddies have used Altova XML

RE: Testing tool for QA

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
struts has a tool which will convert formBean and servlet to ActionForm
http://struts.apache.org/1.x/apidocs/org/apache/struts/util/RequestUtils.html#createActionForm(org.apache.struts.config.FormBeanConfig,%20org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet)

ActionForm RequestUtils.createActionForm(formBean,actionServlet)

anyone?
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note

Testing tool for QA