Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Guillaume Duchesneau <gd...@taleo.com> on 2008/04/15 20:22:15 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_disk_cache cache sharing with NFS

Hi,

We are planning to use Apache mod_disk_cache to cache urls that do not
need to be updated very often (once every day maybe).  We anticipate
that we could have a large number of different urls (> 100K) that could
be invoked a few times every day (say 10 to 20 times each).

Our production environments typically have multiple Apache servers (6 to
8 instances) that are used as load balancers for application server
clusters.

We would like to configure Apache mod_disk_cache so that the cache
stores its file on a shared file system (NFS).  There 2 main reason to
that:

1) We want to limitate the number of times our application
servers/databases have to process those urls.
2) We want to limitate the cache size on our disks.

My question is: Does anyone know if it is possible to have multiple
instances of Apache use a common file cache (using NFS) with
mod_disk_cache (i.e. same value for all Apache config for CacheRoot
directive)?

I cannot see anything related to that in the documentation, mailing list
archive or anywhere... :-(

Thanks for your help!

Guillaume