Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by "Manukyan, Sergey" <SM...@lear.com> on 2007/08/22 22:44:58 UTC

what's with OJB Project?

Folks,

It has been a while since last release of 1.0.4. I have been a user of
ojb since 1.0.2... for about 4 years... but going forward concerns me.
With no new releases I would like to ask how does the perspective looks
for this project? Is work currently being done? Why such a big gap in
releases? Are there still plans to ship 1.1?

Regards,

-Sergey

**********************
** LEGAL DISCLAIMER **
**********************

This E-mail message and any attachments may contain
legally privileged, confidential or proprietary
information. If you are not the intended recipient(s),
or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of
this message to the intended recipient(s), you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this E-mail message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please immediately notify the sender and
delete this E-mail message from your computer.

Re: what's with OJB Project?

Posted by Daniel Sommer <da...@support.tsa.de>.
Hey all,

i am using ojb and xdoclet-ojb for my first time. I have just now
the following problem (maybe you can't also solve my problem, because
you do not use xdoclet-ojb-module (xom)?):

I want to use xom and torque for automatically create the database
(mysql in my case). But till now i was not able
to advise xom, to apply default values for the table columns, which are
created for the java fields.
I need this, when i set the concerning field to autoincrement="true"
(db) and do not set a value to the java field
before storing the object to the table. I alway get an error (missing
value/no default set). (I do not want to set
a value, because i use this field as unique identifier for inheritance
relationship, and try to minimize effort in
implementing java classes).

On the other hand i could set ojb to make the autoincrement, then i do
not need a default value, but then i have
the problem, that (for a very strange reason i did not work out till
now, additionally due to the fact, that there is no
error or any warning message) the ojb specific database tables are not
created! However they are needed, as an error
occures when running the application.

For any help i would be very grateful.

thx,
Daniel

Re: what's with OJB Project?

Posted by Alessandro Colantoni <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sergey and Armin.

Re: what's with OJB Project?

Posted by Abid Hussain <ab...@abid76.de>.
Hi,

I also would like to take the opportunity to say that OJB really is VERY
stable and the configuration effort is tolerable.
I'm using it for about two years and till now never encountered a bug
(hope this won't change!).
It's a great tool, and it's a pity that it seems to be so hard to
develop it further.

Best regards,

Abid

--

Abid Hussain
Mail: abid.hussain@abid76.de

Re: what's with OJB Project?

Posted by Dennis Bekkering <dj...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

I also have been working with ojb for many years now and also worked with
hibernate but only when I have to. Ojb has a marketing problem but for me
that is not a problem. To tell you the truth there is nothing missing in
Ojb, it does exactly what I need, no more no less.

Best Regards,
Dennis

AW: what's with OJB Project?

Posted by "Längerich, Bernd" <B....@actosoft.de>.
Armin Waibel writes:

> Well, it depends on the community. Currently it seems that only a few
> people are able to (interested in) spend time for OJB. I will
> continue
> my work on OJB.

I would like to say thank you for your efforts. I would also like to offer my best to support OJB in future but I have to check with the company policy first.
Maybe I can contribute to the project, as I already made some efforts to "enhance" OJB for our companies purposes.

Best regards
Bernd

Re: what's with OJB Project?

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.