Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by deepu528 <de...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/25 02:33:24 UTC

Routingslip vs Choice

Hi,

I'm new to Camel and trying to find a better approach for our requirement.
Sorry if this is a very basic question. Here is the requirement:

There will be a request property say source and based on this source, I've
to invoke a sequence of services which might differ for each source.

The direction is to use apache camel, no brms or drools. I was wondering if
I can externalize the service endpoints in a properties file and then use
@RoutingSlip annotation to return the comma separated services from the
properties file. But I was asked to make use of "choice" in apache camel.
But I feel it is hardcoding the steps in the routing xml.

Can you please suggest which is a better approach? Or is there any other
approach better than these?

Thanks,
Deepthi.