Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Iain Fogg <ia...@westnet.com.au> on 2006/10/27 02:08:20 UTC

Using an alternative delegator

I know it is possible to use an alternative delegator when installing
the OFBiz database and seed data (using the -delegator switch).

Does anyone know how/if I can point to the application itself at a
different delegator.

Scenario:

I have 3 separate datasources: production, training, and demo

Normally, I'd want the production datasource, and so it is configured as
the default delegator in entitymodel.xml. On occasion I want to run
against the training DB for (you guessed it) training, and against the
demo DB to check whether problems might be caused by my configuration or
code bugs.

What I'd love to do is something like

java -jar ofbiz.jar -delegator=training

to run a training session. When I try to do this, it barfs telling me it
can't load configuration properties in
org/ofbiz/base/start/delegator=training.properties. Would it be as
simple as finding a template for this properties file (presumably
default.properties, but I couldn't find that), and modifying it
accordingly. I saw some JIRA posts that seemed to imply that some of the
code assumes we are using the default delegator, so I might be going
down a dead-end trying to do this.

Advice appreciated.

Cheers, Iain

Re: Using an alternative delegator

Posted by Iain Fogg <ia...@westnet.com.au>.
Andy,

Thanks for confirming that there wasn't a switch somewhere that I'd missed.

Cheers, Iain

Posted by "A. Zeneski" <ja...@ofbiz.org>.