Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2009/07/01 07:48:56 UTC

Re: Mentors, Members, Non-Members, Proposals and Scale

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 2:55 AM, Noel J. Bergman<no...@devtech.com> wrote:

> HOWEVER, I disagree with your comment that:
>
>> I am looking for Mentors with capital M, and that requires PMC
>> membership. Without ASF membership, there are quite a lot of
>> tasks that can't be done
>
> While that may be true, there are plenty of others here who can do those
> mechanical tasks.

Ok, take a look at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIVOT-1 for a
fairly complete list on what it takes to set up a podling. If you call
that "mechanical tasks", then I would like to receive some ideas how I
can automate that, because it is fairly tedious... and AFAICT few of
those can be performed by non-PMC members.

>  As noted above, and separately by Bill, if there is a
> non-ASF Member who wants to join the Incubator, they can place their hat in
> the ring, and we can vote on their request on its merits, same as any other
> PMC.

Ok, I have no in principle problem with that...

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er