Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by "Nerderman,Adam" <ne...@oclc.org> on 2014/08/29 15:24:33 UTC

Archiva heap usage

Archiva seemingly does not allow you to allocate more than 4096m to the heap. Running version 2.0.1 of Archiva we can see the heap constantly going up until Archiva runs out of memory and becomes unresponsive.

It doesn't seem like we were the only ones to see and report this issue with performance. It would almost take a bounce once a day at some point to keep Archiva functional.

Are there suggested memory tweaks/tuning for Archiva under heavy load like this?

Also, is there a timeline for version 2.1.1? We installed and tested it, but with the loading image not going away and logs not being written to immediately (there is a workaround) caused us to dismiss it.

Re: Archiva heap usage

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Yes this leak issue has been fixed with 2.1.0
I will try to release 2.1.1 end of this week (depending on my $DAYJOB work load)

Olivier

--
Olivier Lamy
Ecetera: http://ecetera.com.au