Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/15 15:38:52 UTC

[VOTE] Release build 6.0.34

The candidates binaries are available here:
http://people.apache.org/~jfclere/tomcat-6/v6.0.34/

According to the release process, the 6.0.34 build corresponding to the
tag TOMCAT_6_0_34 is:
[ ] Broken
[ ] Alpha
[ ] Beta
[ ] Stable

Cheers

Jean-Frederic

Re: [VOTE] Release build 6.0.34

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
2011/11/15 jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com>:
> The candidates binaries are available here:
> http://people.apache.org/~jfclere/tomcat-6/v6.0.34/
>
> According to the release process, the 6.0.34 build corresponding to the
> tag TOMCAT_6_0_34 is:
> [x] Broken

http://localhost:8080/examples/servlets/servlet/RequestParamExample?firstname=hello+world

Prints "hello+world" instead of "hello world".

The cause is that UDecoder#convert() handles both '+' and '%xx' ,  but
Parameters#processParameters(byte bytes[], ...) does not trigger
decoding unless there is '%' in the value.

E.g. "?firstname=hello+world%25" is decoded correctly.

It is my fault as well that I missed this. Sorry for inconvenience.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko