Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by di...@covalent.net on 2002/07/10 19:48:20 UTC

OpenBSD/separation of priv's

What Theo is after with Monolithic is just the current fad-du-jour;
separation of priv's like recently done in SSH.

Our MPM's are a very cool starting point.

Dw

--
Dirk-Willem van Gulik

RE: OpenBSD/separation of priv's

Posted by di...@covalent.net.
On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Bill Stoddard wrote:

> > What Theo is after with Monolithic is just the current fad-du-jour;
> I had to laugh at the 'fad-du-jour' comment. This is very old hat with the
> IBM OS/390 crowd. They've been doing that since the time the birds and trees

L'Histoire se repete :-) As fashions do :-).

Dw

RE: OpenBSD/separation of priv's

Posted by Bill Stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com>.
> What Theo is after with Monolithic is just the current fad-du-jour;
> separation of priv's like recently done in SSH.
>
> Our MPM's are a very cool starting point.
>
> Dw
>
> --
> Dirk-Willem van Gulik

I had to laugh at the 'fad-du-jour' comment. This is very old hat with the
IBM OS/390 crowd. They've been doing that since the time the birds and trees
were one with man :-). For some applications (and admins) this is a very big
deal. Rasmus has referred to them as 'extreme high end' users. And yes, the
MPM is a great starting point for providing these types of services in the
HTTP Server (not that we should... it does come at a price.).

Bill