Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Hans Jakob Skovenborg <JA...@jyskebank.dk> on 2003/10/02 16:23:47 UTC

Extend AxisFault

Hello
Problem to catch a userdefined AxisFault on clientside.
*	In my WSDL I defined a wsdl:fault element in the binding.
*	Then I generate both a server and a client stub using the WSDL2Java.

*	At both side's I can see that it has generated a _JbFault class
matching my fault schema type defined in the WSDL and it extends
org.apache.axis.AxisFault.
*	Then I put some code (in the generated SOAPBindingImpl class) that
throws a _JbFault.
*	I turned on the org.apache.axis.utils.tcpmon so I can see the
transmitted soapmessage.
*	After that I run the service client and it activates the server side
SOAPBindingImpl class, where I throw the _JbFault
*	At client side I only catch an AxisFault and I can't catch a
_JbFault
*	When I look in the TCPMonitor I can see that the server  did make a
<soapenv:Fault> element containing my fault details.