Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by "M. Fioretti" <mf...@nexaima.net> on 2013/03/04 07:52:45 UTC

macro compatibility between LO and AOO?

Greetings,

the subject says it all. I have already searched online, and am
looking at the manual but apparently (maybe I used the wrong terms) it
is not easy to find CURRENT information on macro compatibility between
LO 4 and AOO 3.4.1: will all macros created in one tool also work in
the other?

If not, why and when? What are the reasons/cases when a macro is not
portable?

are there any guidelines/best practices to write portable macros?

Thanks in advance for any pointer!

Marco
http://mfioretti.com

Re: macro compatibility between LO and AOO?

Posted by "M. Fioretti" <mf...@nexaima.net>.
On Mon, Mar 04, 2013 04:02:56 AM -0300, Fernando Cassia wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 3:52 AM, M. Fioretti <mf...@nexaima.net> wrote:
> > are there any guidelines/best practices to write portable macros?
>
> Just use the documentation about writing macros for OpenOffice.org
> 3.3x or earlier.
> Going forward AOO and LO will start to diverge, I´m sure.
>
> Can´t speak about what LO did with v4.0 as I don´t use LO, but it´s
> safe to say that LO 3.x and AOO 3.x had pretty much the same
> code/APIs, so from a macros standpoint code should run on both.
>
> Just code for the least common denominator.

so, from your mail, I'd conclude that the "least common denominator"
is all and only the docs for OOo3.3, right?

Are there other guidelines, best practices, error reports
etc... besides those manuals?

Thanks
Marco

Re: macro compatibility between LO and AOO?

Posted by Fernando Cassia <fc...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 3:52 AM, M. Fioretti <mf...@nexaima.net> wrote:
> are there any guidelines/best practices to write portable macros?

Just use the documentation about writing macros for OpenOffice.org
3.3x or earlier.
Going forward AOO and LO will start to diverge, I´m sure.

Can´t speak about what LO did with v4.0 as I don´t use LO, but it´s
safe to say that LO 3.x and AOO 3.x had pretty much the same
code/APIs, so from a macros standpoint code should run on both.

Just code for the least common denominator.
FC

Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un
Acto Revolucionario
- George Orwell