Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Endre Nagy <en...@aus.fujixerox.com> on 2006/11/16 02:00:49 UTC

Is the setter for an OptionsCollection's property invoked by the framework

Greetings

I am using the Struts HTML library in a jsp.

Specifically I am making use of a html:optionsCollection.

The client alters the content of the collection.

I therefore implement a setter for the property that is associated with the collection within the Form class.

The struts framework does NOT appear to invoke the setter of the property in the form class after the client posts the page.

Is this expected behaviour or am I doing something silly

Regards

Endre

RE: Is the setter for an OptionsCollection's property invoked by the framework

Posted by Mano Chinthaka Dasanayaka <ma...@mubasher.net>.
Hi,
Sorry I have
Made a little mistake,
It's like this,

style="width:150;height:20" styleClass="drop" 	>
<%--see whether u have it in scope-->
		<logic:notEmpty name=" fredForm " property=" joeSet ">
value="value" label="label" />
		</logic:notEmpty>
						<logic:empty name=" fredForm
" property=" joeSet ">
            No list in scope </logic:empty>

Regards,
Mano

Posted by Endre Nagy <en...@aus.fujixerox.com>.
Mano

Not quite

            property="joeSet" label="label" value="value"/>

fredForm has two methods

    public Set getJoeSet()
    {return something;}

    public void setJoeSet(Set joeSet)
    {something = joeSet;}

Break points set on both methods only stop on the get (not the set).

Note difference between <html:options collection="... and <html:optionsCollection name="...

Regards

Endre