Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter <Ed...@anvisa.gov.br> on 2000/12/19 19:10:40 UTC

WEB.XML

Anyone know why this is not working?

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>
            invoker
        </servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>
            */servlet/*
        </url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

I`m trying to map any URI to same webapp web-inf directory.

So, this URL poits to same .class servlet:

/servlet/FooServlet
/servlet/mycompany/FooServlet

This works fine with Resin, but I want to set standards with Tomcat...

Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter

Re: WEB.XML

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter wrote:

> Anyone know why this is not working?
>
>     <servlet-mapping>
>         <servlet-name>
>             invoker
>         </servlet-name>
>         <url-pattern>
>             */servlet/*
>         </url-pattern>
>     </servlet-mapping>

Yes ... this URL pattern is not legal according to the servlet specification
<http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/download.html>.

You can only have a "*" wildcard at the end, not at the beginning, of a
pattern.  Further, servlet mappings are specific to a particular web
application, not global to multiple applications.

> Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter

Craig McClanahan

rights (405 error)

Posted by Bruce Van Horn <bv...@swbell.net>.
I'm getting a 405 error when I try to run a servlet that uses the getPost
method.

I'm assuming this is a permissions error?  How can I set this up so I don't
get this error?

I'm placing the servlets in the default servlets directory.