Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by José Paumard <Jo...@orange.fr> on 2008/09/30 11:10:02 UTC

Available locales

Hello all,

I defined a set of available locales in my AppModule class, and it works
fine. In a component or a page class, when I use :

    @Inject @Symbol("tapestry.supported-locales")
    private String supportedLocales ;

the string I get is correct.

Now what I would like to get is a List<Locale> rather than a string with
a coma separated list of ISO codes, so I made a service :

public class MyLocaleServiceImpl implements MyLocaleService {

    @Inject @Symbol("tapestry.supported-locales")
    private String availableLocales ;

    public List<Locale> getSupportedLocales() {
    }
}

... but the availableLocales value is null in that case. Is it supposed
to work like or is it a bug ?

Thank you,

José

RE: Available locales

Posted by "Blower, Andy" <An...@proquest.co.uk>.
I think that you need to inject the symbol as an argument to your service's constructor using a build method in your module.