Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Allen George <al...@gmail.com> on 2018/12/27 17:30:47 UTC

Really old Thrift JIRAs?

Any thoughts on summarily closing as “stale” really old Thrift JIRAs? There are some from the very early days of Thrift that I’m no longer sure apply, or, haven’t been important enough to work on over the years.

Allen

Re: Really old Thrift JIRAs?

Posted by "James E. King III" <jk...@apache.org>.
Anything that's no longer valid, sure.
Anything that's a good idea that nobody ever got around to?  Depends.
Usually I leave it unless it's been untouched for 5+ years and not really
important.
Just because an issue is old doesn't mean it isn't good or relevant to the
future of the project.
However, if issues can be cleaned out that are no longer valid or
duplicates, that's always helpful.

- Jim