Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2005/06/24 08:14:36 UTC

mail is moderated

Ferdinand Soethe wrote:

> >> * Send the announcement, as described a few messages ago in this thread.
>
> > Beefed up the announcement with that neat new generator (see
> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=111695995215534&w=2)
> > and sent it. Yeah!
>
> Sorry about sending this more than once. I had a few problems sending
> the announcement as ferdinand@apache.org because I never usually post
> from this address. And when they were fixed it seems that some of my
> rejects got processed after all.

Ah, you a misunderstanding how it works.

You are subscribed to the list as one address. When you send from
another address, then the message sits is a queue waiting for
a human moderator to approve it. I had to do that for this message.

There are three moderators for Forrest spread around the world.
My technique is: if they are a bone-fide poster, then i add them
to the "allow" list. So next time their posting goes automatically.
Just did that for your apache.org address.

I notice that we have not seen the announcement(s :-) to xml.apache.org
Perhaps the moderators of that list, whoever they are, have not
dealt with it yet.

-David

Re: mail is moderated

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
>
> > Ah, you a misunderstanding how it works.
>
> > You are subscribed to the list as one address. When you send from
> > another address, then the message sits is a queue waiting for
> > a human moderator to approve it. I had to do that for this message.
>
> Ah. That of course explains that. Still a lot to learn ...
> Perhaps we info like that in the reject messages would be good?

Some lists are set for posting by subscribers only
with no moderator. So perhaps xml.apache.org is like that.

> > I notice that we have not seen the announcement(s :-) to xml.apache.org
> > Perhaps the moderators of that list, whoever they are, have not
> > dealt with it yet.
>
> Darn. Since I received no rejects I figured that these two were open
> for posting.
>
> I'll be offline soon. And not subsribed to these lists. Would you
> mind keeping an eye on it and perhaps re-send the announcement as
> needed.

All is okay.
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-apache-announce&b=200506

> Sorry about the mess ...