Posted to marketing@couchdb.apache.org by Joan Touzet <wo...@apache.org> on 2015/05/07 16:32:43 UTC

Apache CouchDB Code of Conduct reminder

I'd like to take this opportunity to remind everyone of the Code
of Conduct (CoC). Apache CouchDB's CoC is now also the Apache
Software Foundation's CoC. In there, we state:

If you believe someone is violating this code of conduct, you may reply to them and point out this code of conduct. Such messages may be in public or in private, whatever is most appropriate. Assume good faith; it is more likely that participants are unaware of their bad behaviour than that they intentionally try to degrade the quality of the discussion. Should there be difficulties in dealing with the situation, you may report your compliance issues in confidence to private@couchdb.apache.org.

There's some good minds on this list. Everyone has an opinion.
And, as far as I can tell, everyone is trying hard to improve the
visibility and viability of CouchDB. If you are seriously concerned
about someone's actions, please follow the reporting guidelines and
attempt to deal with issues off of the mailing lists. Should this
fail, or you are uncomfortable confronting the individual directly,
you can call in our private@ mailing list - and the PMC will step in
to try and resolve issues amicably.

I'm super glad this mini storm in a teacup resolved itself without
having to resort to more drastic measures.

-Joan

Re: Apache CouchDB Code of Conduct reminder

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@nms.de>.
Hi Joan,

thanks for the reminder. I was thinking about pointing to the CoC when I
replied to Giovanni but I thought it will be fixable without it. But I
appreciate your action here!

I think this is now fixed as Giovanni thankfully replied in a very
respectful way. Giovanni - thanks for that.

Now - let's discuss the topic further ;-)

All the best

Andy

--
Andy Wenk