Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net> on 2002/06/21 21:41:08 UTC

Connectors - enableLookups defaults to true?

I have to say I'm very curious why this is.  Could someone shed some light?  What will be the impact on my applications if I set it to false?  ... just that I get an IP Address instead of a name for someone that connects to an application?  Is there any impact that I am unaware of?

Why is more favorable to have lookups on?  I'm guessing there is a common, valid reason I am unaware of - since this defaults to true.  Doesn't Apache default this to false?  Yes - just checked and it does.

Thanks!

Eddie