Posted to dev@training.apache.org by jm...@apache.org on 2019/10/20 12:27:17 UTC

Podling Training Report Reminder - November 2019

Dear podling,

This email was sent by an automated system on behalf of the Apache
Incubator PMC. It is an initial reminder to give you plenty of time to
prepare your quarterly board report.

The board meeting is scheduled for Wed, 20 November 2019, 10:30 am PDT.
The report for your podling will form a part of the Incubator PMC
report. The Incubator PMC requires your report to be submitted 2 weeks
before the board meeting, to allow sufficient time for review and
submission (Wed, November 06).

Please submit your report with sufficient time to allow the Incubator
PMC, and subsequently board members to review and digest. Again, the
very latest you should submit your report is 2 weeks prior to the board
meeting.

Candidate names should not be made public before people are actually
elected, so please do not include the names of potential committers or
PPMC members in your report.

Thanks,

The Apache Incubator PMC

Submitting your Report

----------------------

Your report should contain the following:

*   Your project name
*   A brief description of your project, which assumes no knowledge of
    the project or necessarily of its field
*   A list of the three most important issues to address in the move
    towards graduation.
*   Any issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board might wish/need to be
    aware of
*   How has the community developed since the last report
*   How has the project developed since the last report.
*   How does the podling rate their own maturity.

This should be appended to the Incubator Wiki page at:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/November2019

Note: This is manually populated. You may need to wait a little before
this page is created from a template.

Note: The format of the report has changed to use markdown.

Mentors
-------

Mentors should review reports for their project(s) and sign them off on
the Incubator wiki page. Signing off reports shows that you are
following the project - projects that are not signed may raise alarms
for the Incubator PMC.

Incubator PMC

Re: Podling Training Report Reminder - November 2019

Posted by gautam gupta <gr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Dmitriy, It is working now.
I have added a new section with November 2019 (draft).
One more thing, how do I get the number of subscribers and count of posts
etc from mailing list?

regards,
Gautam

Posted by Dmitriy Pavlov <dp...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by gautam gupta <gr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Training material metadata

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Justin,

On 25.10.19 20:04, justin@classsoftware.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> If a training material has not been updated for a time period longer
>> than year for example it should be marked as "Outdated.”
>
> Yep which can be determined by saving a date of publishing and a guess at when it needs to be updated in metadata.
>
> We might be able to automate some of this if it bases on a released version of software, but we wouldn’t be able to do that for all material (see below).
>
>> "revdate" and "revnumber”.
>
> Not all material is based on a a product version e.g. the current Apache Way and incubator talks.
>
>> Might be different for each material/training.
>
> Very likely.

What about simply make a usage like this:

Having a "revnumber" means this is version based release.

but if no "revnumber" given but a "revdate" this could be used an
indicator to make it differentiable and handle also the thing to be
identifying material being outdated.

More formally:

If "revnumber" is given AND "revdate" is given:

   Product released based things. Also makes it easy
   to have an "outdated" relation. "revdate" will be filled
   with the release date.

If "revnumber" is NOT given AND "revdate" is given:

   not related to a product; for example incubator talks etc.
   but we can define "outdated" if needed. As you mentioned
   can be filled with published date.

> Thanks,
> Justin

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

Re: Training material metadata

Posted by ju...@classsoftware.com.

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

based on the discussion in the audience I think the idea was a little
bit different. Or I missunderstand your comment Justin..?

If a training material has not been updated for a time period longer
than year for example it should be marked as "Outdated.". This could be
shown on a furture website as "Outdated material. Might not be accurate
anymore" as well as showing a kind of a WARNING within the dev-tools.

I would say based on what I know about Asciidoctor this can be simply
achieved by using the following two things:

"revdate" and "revnumber".

With the "revnumber" you have a real thing like a Release and with
"revdate" it could be identified against the current date if it's older
than a year for example. Also searching for material which is older than
a given timepoint could be done.

But based on the above one question arises: When is material defined as
outdated? By which timeperiod? Might be different for each
material/training.

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

Posted by Dmitriy Pavlov <dp...@apache.org>.
Hi Gautam,

Usually we drafting our report in the Training wiki space; later after
review by PPMC it is submitted by someone from IPMC, or, may be, PPMC Chair.

So making long story short, no, you don't need to push report to incubator
space.

Sincerely,
Dmitriy Pavlov

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

> Sorry, folks, my bad, it was a wrong year, today is 2019. I moved the
> report to the right page
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/November2019

My fault, sorry for the wrong link.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Podling Training Report Reminder - November 2019

Posted by Dmitriy Pavlov <dp...@apache.org>.
Hi Training Developers,

Sorry, folks, my bad, it was a wrong year, today is 2019. I moved the
report to the right page
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/November2019

For 2018 I'll delete my edits shortly.

Sincerely,
Dmitriy Pavlov

Posted by Dmitriy Pavlov <dp...@apache.org>.
Hi Justin,

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Dmitriy Pavlov <dp...@apache.org>.
Hi Guatam,

actually I'm not sure if contributors/committers/PPMC are able to submit
reports. I guess it should be project mentors or, at least, IPMC.

But if PPMC member is able to do it, I could submit it. I just need some
guidance on how to do it (it will be my 1st time).

Sincerely,
Dmitriy Pavlov

Posted by gautam gupta <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,