Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Vincent de Lau <vi...@delau.nl> on 2007/08/09 16:37:16 UTC

STATUS: XML still needing work?

Hi all,

I'm looking for a project to brush up my XML/XSLT skills and familiarize
myself with my new XML tools. I've had a look at docs/STATUS wich states:

* Enhancements to the DTD/XSL:
  - <glossary> tag that links to the glossary and uses some special
    style in the css.
  - New index: directives by context, including listing which directives
    are available for each AllowOverride setting.
  - New index: backout modules by type (aaa, mappers, loggers etc.)
    probably by introducing a <category> element in modulesynopsis
  - Use a tag like <var> in place of <em> for things like the
    <syntax> listing.
    - in progress
  - add letter links to glossary and quickreference,
    perhaps also a term overview (sidebar)
    a similar effect.

STATUS is however more then two years old ;)

Can anyone shed some light to what needs to be done?

Personally I've discovered a IE7 bug in the docs, but haven't had a lot of
time to look into it ("Modules | Directives | FAQ | Glossary | Sitemap"
links don't work on the top, due to the logo placement). I plan to look into
it further when starting on other updates.

Maybe on a sidenote: Shouldn't somebody have a look at docs/STATUS and
update or delete it?

Kind regards,

Vincent de Lau
 vincent@delau.nl

Re: STATUS: XML still needing work?

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 8/9/07, Vincent de Lau <vi...@delau.nl> wrote:

> Maybe on a sidenote: Shouldn't somebody have a look at docs/STATUS and
> update or delete it?

Yes. Although, in reality, docs development has been pretty slow for
the last couple years, so the STATUS file isn't all that far from
accurate, I imagine. (Things have picked up a little lately.)

Joshua.