Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by ahgu <xi...@gratingworks.com> on 2008/04/09 20:34:52 UTC

how do I create a rule?

How do I create a rule for spamassasssin that it looks for the following
string in the message box and give it high score?

thanks
Andrew

Re: how do I create a rule?

Posted by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com>.
What is the "message box"?

Do you ever intend to see info@myserver.com in the return path as a
valid message? If not, delete it via procmail or some other method.

Re: how do I create a rule?

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
ahgu wrote:
> How do I create a rule for spamassasssin that it looks for the following
> string in the message box and give it high score?

Everything you will probably ever need to know about basic and
intermediate rule-writing can be found at:

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/WritingRules

header LOCAL_RP_INFO_MYSERV      Return-Path =~ /info\@myserver.com/i
describe LOCAL_RP_INFO_MYSERV	 Has a bad return path
score LOCAL_RP_INFO_MYSERV       1.0

However, if that return-path really is so bad, why don't you just configure your MX to refuse it at the SMTP layer to start with???