Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Gentry, Michael (Contractor)" <mi...@fanniemae.com> on 2006/06/28 22:39:25 UTC

Inheritance (asset/bean)

I was doing a little cleanup and am curious about something.  I have a
common base page all of my pages inherit from, and I tried adding to the
super's .page:

<asset name="stylesheet" path="stylesheet.css"/>

It wouldn't inherit in the subclass pages, though.  Is there any way to
get this to inherit?  (Also, beans didn't seem to inherit, either.  I
already know injection doesn't.)

Thanks!

/dev/mrg

PS. T4/Java 1.4

Re: Inheritance (asset/bean)

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.
On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:43:17 -0400, Gentry, Michael (Contractor)
<mi...@fanniemae.com> wrote:

> Thanks Kevin.  Rather than introduce more gunk, I just won't refactor
> the common portions to the superclass.  Perhaps I should add inheritance
> of inject/asset/bean (there are probably others) to the T4.1 wish list

What would also be really nice is allowing the page spec to override
annotations.  I think Howard had mentioned this as a goal of T5.  As it
stands now, using annotations I have nicely inherited attributes, but if
I'd like to override any one of them, I need to introduce a subclass that
does nothing more than override the attribute value.  Being able to do it
in the page spec, especially if one already exists, would be really nice.

--
Kevin

RE: Inheritance (asset/bean)

Posted by "Gentry, Michael (Contractor)" <mi...@fanniemae.com>.
Inheritance appears to be #3 on the wish list already.  :-)

Re: Inheritance (asset/bean)

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.