Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com> on 2003/02/11 15:18:52 UTC

Re: Java 1.4 SLOW

Remember that 1.4 includes a copy of Crimson.  If you have been using
a parser that is much faster, that could be the difference.  You can
choose the parser that gets used by specifying the
DocumentBuilderFactory.  Sun's docs for
DocumentBuilderFactory#newInstance state

Obtain a new instance of a DocumentBuilderFactory. This static method
creates a new factory instance. This method uses the following
ordered lookup procedure to determine the DocumentBuilderFactory
implementation class to load:

Use the javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory system property.

Use the properties file "lib/jaxp.properties" in the JRE directory.
This configuration file is in standard java.util.Properties format
and contains the fully qualified name of the implementation class
with the key being the system property defined above.

Use the Services API (as detailed in the JAR specification), if
available, to determine the classname. The Services API will look for
a classname in the file META-
INF/services/javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory in jars
available to the runtime.

Platform default DocumentBuilderFactory instance.
<<<<

On the server, you can specify the parser in web.xml with a parameter
named XMLParser, the value of which is the class of the
DocumentBuilderFactory.

On 30 Jan 2003 at 17:57, Luke Galea wrote:

> I am having a strange problem using 2.3.1 (or 2.2 or 2.1 for that
> matter)..
> When I run my soap client in 1.4 it is REALLY slow on the invoke
> call.... The same code in 1.3 takes no more than 30 secs to run a series
> of 20-30 calls.. In 1.4 it takes 5 minutes..
>
> Has anyone had this problem?
>
> Luke Galea
> Software Development
> BlueCat <http://www.bluecatnetworks.com/>  Networks
> 905-762-5225

Scott Nichol

Do not reply directly to this e-mail address, as it is filtered to
only receive e-mail from specific mailing lists.