Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by th...@printus.de on 2020/11/25 13:06:42 UTC

Upgrading ActiveMQ Artemis from 2.11 to 2.16

Hi,

when updating ActiveMQ Artemis from version 2.11 to 2.16 I found out that the addUser command has changed from ./artemis user add --user ... --password ***" to "./artemis user add --user-command-user ... --user-command-password ***".
After changing the calls and starting Artemis another error occurred. The following message was written to log file:

Connection brokerURL = tcp://localhost:61616
Connection failed::Failed to create session factory

--url: is a mandatory property!
Type in the broker URL for a retry (e.g. tcp://localhost:61616)

Does anyone know which changes in version 2.16 can lead to the problem?

Please note: after upgrading the version from 2.11 to 2.15 Artemis was running without any configuration modifications.

Thanks,
Thomas

Re: Upgrading ActiveMQ Artemis from 2.11 to 2.16

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
See ARTEMIS-3010 [1].

Justin

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-3010