Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by tango ray <ra...@yahoo.fr> on 2004/07/05 15:06:25 UTC

adding fonts to fop applet

I m trying to add a font in my fop applet.
I m working with fop cvs version.
What is exactly the procedure to add a non Base14 Font in my java applet?, because the documents only explain how to add a font in fop with command lines.

I ve tried to add MyFont.java and modify Fontsetup.java.
MyFont has the same code than Helvetica.java, but I have a
"invalid /BBox tag in Myfont font" error when starting my pdf with acrobat.
It might be looking for a xml file, but in my applet I have no xml.

Maybe is there another way. In older versions, i saw that you could specify a userconfig.xml file with Options.java in your Examplexml2pdf.java.

Thank you

---------------------------------
Créez votre Yahoo! Mail

Re: adding fonts to fop applet

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
tango ray wrote:

> I m trying to add a font in my fop applet.
> I m working with fop cvs version.
> *What is exactly the procedure to add a non Base14 Font in my java
> applet?*, because the documents only explain how to add a font in fop
> with command lines.

Most of the procedure for command line applies to applets or standalone Java
applications. Namely the creating of font metrics, and modifying the
userconfig.xml.

> I ve tried to add MyFont.java and modify Fontsetup.java.

This is *not* the way to configure a custom font.

<snip/>

> Maybe is there another way. In older versions, i saw that you could
> specify a userconfig.xml file with Options.java in your Examplexml2pdf.java.

This is the way to do it for ordinary java applications or applets. Just
create a Options object passing a File object representing your userconfig.xml
to the constructor.

Chris