Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/12 08:41:37 UTC

Serious (ajax) GUI issues sometimes

Hi team,

is anybody of you aware of the GUI issues when connected to some i.e.
wireless with somewhat big latencies or it sometimes happen even on more
than good internet connection:

i.e:
1)
(A serious one, that we encounter pretty often):

Issue: I start new VM deloyment wizard, choose template etc.... at the end
when I click the finish, when the job should be sent to MGMT server -
simply nothing happens - so ajax does't get executed at all, no litle
circle spinning etc - no logs in mgmt server, simply ajax doesn't get
executed...Same behaviour sometimes happen when I click on "Configure" on
the VPC.

I confirmed behaviour in acs 4.3.0 and I'm still checking in 4.4.1.

OR

2)
(not a big issue, however very annoying):
I filter instances by some account/domain, then click on some instance
(view it's properties or whatever), than in the breadcrumb I click back on
"instances", and instead of being show the page with all the filtered
instances, I get back to the home page of ACS...

So it doesn't really happens always, but randomly, with different browsers,
clearing all cache etc...
The issue here is that nothing get's logged to MGMT log at all...

Please let me know if anybody get similar issues, or if this is something
on my side...

Andrija Panić

Re: Serious (ajax) GUI issues sometimes

Posted by Carlos Reategui <cr...@gmail.com>.
What all happened to the suggestion for using embedded tomcat or jetty to deliver a Java app vs the current delivery model?  Seems like that could take care of this problem.  Especially for platforms that are a bit behind at updating their tomcat version.

Posted by ilya musayev <il...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marcus <sh...@gmail.com>.
See the comments on

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ilya musayev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrija

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
Yes, definitely log any and all issues/enhancements you would like to see
in the product.

As part of the ticket, you have the ability to specify how critical (or
not) you see the issue/enhancement.

Thanks!

--
*Mike Tutkowski*