Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Filip Balas <fb...@IMVProjects.com> on 2005/04/06 22:28:53 UTC

Programmatic inherited binding?

Is there a way to achieve the following using Java code?
<inherited-binding name="value" parameter-name="_preference.fromDate"/>

Component FOO has a property bar.
Component BAH is nested within FOO.
I need a piece of java code that will make sure
that when BAH accesses the incoming parameter
from FOO that it is actually getting a reference to
the original property and not a copy or something.

Thanks,
Filip

Re: Programmatic inherited binding?

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.
Filip Balas <fbalas <at> IMVProjects.com> writes:

> Is there a way to achieve the following using Java code?
> <inherited-binding name="value" parameter-name="_preference.fromDate"/>

This is incorrect. Parameter-name is expecting a name of
a parameter, not an expression.

To achieve what you want, just make sure the directions
are set to "auto".