Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by lucast <lu...@hotmail.com> on 2011/08/31 22:00:18 UTC

new wicket app going live

Dear Forum,

A quick note to let you know that next week a new wicket web app is going
live.

Mater Ecclesia is being built for Turnbull Hall, a busy Glasgow University
Catholic Church.

Mater Ecclesia is a (social) event management system. It creates (at the
moment, only rota) events and invites students to take part in them.

Although the functionality is still quite basic, I am working hard so that
it expands to include other types of social events.

Once it has a decent set of functions, I am also intending to make it open
source, in case there are other people out there who may find it useful.

Although first phase is not yet fully complete, I thought about sharing the
site with the forum until Friday, for those who wish to have a peek:

the site  http://www.materecclesia.net http://www.materecclesia.net  needs
login: test_user, password: MaterEcclesia

I have created two rota events typical of the parish: Reading rota and 40
hour adoration.

I understand that many will be unfamiliar with what these rota events mean
but you can see the type of functionality I have implemented.

Students that have been invited will receive an email containing links like
http://www.materecclesia.net/?x=kxqZFhUdVza8aTrmjVGVV0b6qcs-ANGBxpOjqlzFNCmejnm6k8kw8ZbsJ9xOa2CQydfXzE0Nbqt30ayJz4Pv5W-lDDXdtlIvUl6R9m5uwy7aS34GZD3A09mfCS70e9dS7T7z2ZQW*nwqeGevH*LGgyBnJZSUYiZOWnMZIi9kLS2NY1cQ7FglC*yMbrSpn5kPr52FvBtQvYcHarfbA-vVnw
this one  or
http://www.materecclesia.net/?x=kxqZFhUdVza8aTrmjVGVV0b6qcs-ANGBxpOjqlzFNCmejnm6k8kw8ZbsJ9xOa2CQydfXzE0Nbqt30ayJz4Pv5W-lDDXdtlIvUl6R9m5uwy7aS34GZD3A09mfCS70e9dS7T7z2ZQW*nyTby6TiQTMEy3RwVn-xy9NAc9Jg8hB71wd8CmUpUInf-Q3GIl3hN02s0KMpbEQC6Q
this one .

If you would like to see the student registration form, you can see it
http://www.materecclesia.net/createParishioner/turnbull here .

If you have any comments, they are more than welcome.

Feel free to play around with it. I shall wipe the database clean at end of
day on Friday.

I would also like to thank all those who replied to my questions in this
forum.

Kind regards,
Lucas