Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org> on 2002/11/04 11:53:32 UTC

Libre license (Re: Need License)

On Sat, Nov 02, 2002 at 03:52:56PM +1100, Peter Donald wrote:
> On Sat, 2 Nov 2002 15:49, Peter Donald wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just noticed that the files in
> >
> > src/scratchpad/src/java/org/apache/forrest/components/sourcetype
> >
> > need to have the license added to them.
>
> Also all the files in org.outerj.** should probably be copyright Apache or
> else moved back to outerthought if they can't be ;)

<groan>

/* File Creation Info [User: mpo | Date: 29-apr-02 | Time: 16:37:05 ]
 * (c) 2002, Outerthought bvba. http://outerthought.org
 */

Do we need to jump through 'code donation' hoops here?
Alternatively we move the libre source to cocoondev.

--Jeff

Re: Libre license (Re: Need License)

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 11:57:01AM +0100, Steven Noels wrote:
> Jeff Turner wrote:
>
> > <groan>
> >
> > /* File Creation Info [User: mpo | Date: 29-apr-02 | Time: 16:37:05 ]
> >  * (c) 2002, Outerthought bvba. http://outerthought.org */
> >
> > Do we need to jump through 'code donation' hoops here? Alternatively
> > we move the libre source to cocoondev.
>
> Nope, code donation hoops have been jumped already - fax sent etc etc.
>
> Me thinks we'd better move this stuff out of its package structure into
> the proper apache.org package hierarchy, and add a proper ASL on top of it.

Just finished CVS surgery to move Libre to org.apache.forrest.*, and
added licenses.  All seems to work still.

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 11:57:01AM +0100, Steven Noels wrote:
> Jeff Turner wrote:
>
> > <groan>
> >
> > /* File Creation Info [User: mpo | Date: 29-apr-02 | Time: 16:37:05 ]
> >  * (c) 2002, Outerthought bvba. http://outerthought.org */
> >
> > Do we need to jump through 'code donation' hoops here? Alternatively
> > we move the libre source to cocoondev.
>
> Nope, code donation hoops have been jumped already - fax sent etc etc.
>
> Me thinks we'd better move this stuff out of its package structure into
> the proper apache.org package hierarchy, and add a proper ASL on top of it.
>
> (I'm not in a position to actually do this right now - laying in my seat
> again with back pain - but feel free to go ahead if you can't wait -
> what I say about that piece of code is legally binding ;-)

Excellent.  I'm in procrastinate-to-avoid-real-work mode, so I'll do the
CVS rejigging now.

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Robert Koberg wrote:

> > (I'm not in a position to actually do this right now - laying in my seat
> > again with back pain - but feel free to go ahead if you can't wait -
> > what I say about that piece of code is legally binding ;-)
>
> Back pain is a bitch. Have you seen:
>
> http://nadachair.com/
>
> You won't win any 'cool'guy' contests but you will be amazed at the stress it
> takes off your back.

http://www.stokke.com/ accomplishes both :-)

Dw.

RE: Libre license (Re: Need License)

Posted by Robert Koberg <ro...@koberg.com>.
Hi Steven,

best,
-Rob

Re: Libre license (Re: Need License)

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
Jeff Turner wrote:

 > <groan>
 >
 > /* File Creation Info [User: mpo | Date: 29-apr-02 | Time: 16:37:05 ]
 >  * (c) 2002, Outerthought bvba. http://outerthought.org */
 >
 > Do we need to jump through 'code donation' hoops here? Alternatively
 > we move the libre source to cocoondev.

Nope, code donation hoops have been jumped already - fax sent etc etc.

Me thinks we'd better move this stuff out of its package structure into
the proper apache.org package hierarchy, and add a proper ASL on top of it.

(I'm not in a position to actually do this right now - laying in my seat
again with back pain - but feel free to go ahead if you can't wait -
what I say about that piece of code is legally binding ;-)

</Steven>