Posted to user@poi.apache.org by zahid mahir <za...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/19 00:45:11 UTC

XWPFDocument Help

Hey guys, I'm new to both software development and this is my first BIG
project that I'm working on.  I'm using Apache POI to parse in docx's into a
website using the play! framework.

I was wondering if anyone could give me a quick list of how to properly
parse in a docx document(including paragraphs, tables and images).  I was
planning to go into elements, pulling out the paragraphs, tables etc and
parsing those in.

Any suggestions, comments?

Thanks for the help,
Zahid Mahir

Re: XWPFDocument Help

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.
On Tue, 19 Jul 2011, zahid mahir wrote:
> Bump.  Any ideas guys?

I'd suggest you take a look at XWPFWordExtractor in POI, and
XWPFWordExtractorDecorator in Tika. Between them you should find good
examples for working with Paragraphs, Tables and Images in XWPF

Nick

Re: XWPFDocument Help

Posted by zahid mahir <za...@gmail.com>.
Bump.  Any ideas guys?