Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by James Godrej <ja...@yahoo.in> on 2011/02/23 22:16:42 UTC

how to set auto redirection in tomcat

I have a site http://social.openitup.in
right now what you are seeing is a default Tomcat6 page.
I am using mod_ajp as a front end and Apache vhost configuration for same is

<VirtualHost *:80 >

        ServerName social.openitup.in
        ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost

        ProxyRequests off
        <Proxy *>
        Order deny,allow
        Allow from all
        </Proxy>
        ProxyPreserveHost On

        ProxyPass / ajp://192.168.1.19:8009/
        ProxyPassReverse / ajp://192.168.1.19:8009/

</VirtualHost>

How ever I have an application running on it
http://social.openitup.in/olat
what I want to do is when some one opens
http://social.openitup.in
then rather than seeing Tomcat6 home page from
/var/lib/tomcat6/webapps/ROOT/index.html
the person is  redirected to olat application which is in
/var/lib/tomcat6/webapps/olat
how can this be achived?

Re: how to set auto redirection in tomcat

Posted by James Godrej <ja...@yahoo.in>.

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 4:41 AM, Christopher Schultz
<ch...@christopherschultz.net> wrote:

> James,
>
> On 2/23/2011 5:16 PM, James Godrej wrote:

Yes renaming to ROOT worked.Thanks
Christopher.

Re: how to set auto redirection in tomcat

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: how to set auto redirection in tomcat

Posted by James Godrej <ja...@yahoo.in>.

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: James Godrej [mailto:jamesgodrej@yahoo.in]
> Subject: how to set auto redirection in tomcat

> I am using mod_ajp as a front end

Why?  What purpose is it serving?  If it's not doing anything useful (e.g., handling PHP), you should simplify your life and remove it.

> How ever I have an application running on it
> http://social.openitup.in/olat
> what I want to do is when some one opens
> http://social.openitup.in

Remove the existing ROOT application, and rename yours to ROOT.

 - Chuck