Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Sri Thuraisamy <st...@basis100.com> on 2000/04/19 17:50:45 UTC

Problem Running Tomcat 3.1 4/18 release

i got the new copy of yesterday release, delet the old one from
directory. Unzipped Cannot start the tomcat server. The error i'm
getting is ClassNotfoundexception of HttpConectionHandler but class path
is set correctly
(/tomcat_home/lib/webserver.jar). What i'm missing here.
I used to run the beta version without any problem but now new release
is gving me trouble

Author: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Date:       4/19/00 10:32 AM

 That will be great, I am compiling in VC with full warnings and gcc
with
-Wall and if something is not OK I would definitely like to know that.

        Gal Shachor

-----

BTW,

I am running the prebuilt one, but I did try to compile it with another

environment other that VC++ and found lots of compilation errors. Do
these
need
to be fixed? There were cast errors from unsigned char* to char*, and
functions
that declared a value with no explicit return call among other things. I
can
send the errors if you like.

Jonathan