Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/22 10:45:13 UTC

Some things on Eclipse projects

Hi to all,
I've re-synchronized sources from Subversion, and I've seen a build
error inside Eclipse on wtk subproject, related to the missing library
plugin.jar (from jre).

To avoid confusion (for other users downloading sources from
Subversion, and maybe for us for the future :-) ): after downloading
sources the build will fail until dependencies on wtk are fixed.
What do you think on add this dependency as an Eclipse Variable, like
JAVA_PLUGIN_LIB , and why not also put this info in a txt file inside
any subproject that requires other libraries ?

The same also apply also to the pivot-demos subproject, where i added
a JAVA_WEB_START_LIB to point to javaws.jar of jre, needed for
Preferences Demo (for 1.3).

Ah, one last thing, to simplify life to others (and to us) using
sources from Subversion, usually i define launch configurations in my
projects and keep them public, in root of the subproject or better in
an eclipse subdir, with a unique name, like "subproject -
configuration name". So it would be simpler to launch test programs
from inside eclipse.

What do you think ?

Thanks,
Sandro